A Piece of His Heart


There is a ‘city’ (and I use that word loosely American friends) near where I live called Doncaster.  Most of the people that talk about it refer to it not being very nice, full of people cursing or shouting, and just not a super desirable place to live.  I’ll admit, when I first got out of the car in Doncaster, the smell wasn’t my favorite. 

Then we started walking around, and my heart began to soften a bit.  The air stopped smelling, and I got over there being people everywhere.  I had to make a few more trips on my own into town for various reasons.  That’s when I realized how my heart was no longer hard to this town, but that it was falling in love.

When I slowed down and opened my eyes, I didn’t see dirty, loud, scary people.  I saw children that God longs to bring into the family.  I saw the lost that were searching for some kind of meaning – some purpose or thing to fulfill them. 

And I wanted to BE with them.

On the bust ride back as I was pondering the possibility of moving there in the next year or so, I passed by one of the several foster care agencies in Doncaster.  Everything kind of just clicked in my head in that moment. 

As many of you already know, I have a growing passion to work with orphans and children in the foster care system.  Since I’ve been in England, that passion has become even more overwhelming.  All I want to do is shower these children in the love that God has for them.  No matter what their earthly relationships with family are like, there is a Father in heaven who loves them so incredibly much. 

Passing by that foster care agency as I was pondering the possibility to move into the city just made me feel a special stirring in my heart.  I got an amazing picture of what life would look like making friends, true friends, with the people in that community.  I’d love to have a home where I can just provide a constant, safe environment to invite people into. 

So this is my prayer. I want to move into the place where God’s light can shine so incredibly bright amidst the darkness.  Right now, that means Doncaster.  Right now, that means working and volunteering with the children in that community.  Only God knows what the future holds, but I am certain that God has given me a piece of His heart to care for those that society shoves into the margins.

Please pray for wisdom and guidance in this, as well as the extra funds it would take to move into the town center.  I am 100% certain that if this is where God wants me, He will blaze ahead before me making that path clear J

“I saw that children were suffering and couldn’t bear it.  Every time I prayed for them, I would weep.  It’s as though God gave me a piece of his heart.”

Pastor Mizwa, PCM


Comments

Popular Posts